Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Decorating the tree

Decirating the tree this year was different, unusually, fun, silly, and early. I am a stickler for no tree, decorations, no Christmas music till after Thanksgiving. well this year is the 1st year in three years I've had my tree out. I had it out in 2008, in Zeeland, I had it out 2009, living in Bear Lake, then 2010, and 2011 I was living with the Miller's and then I was my sister's nanny. So to take my tree out of the box and all my ornaments... I was kind of giddy and with this being my sons 1st Chriatmas!!
The tree came out a week before Thanksgiving, but wasn't decorated till the 24th of November. It was a Saturday afternoon, before the aglow on the avenue Christmas parade, we put Christmas music on on pandora, and sang and danced and decorated the tree. Montgomery was amazed with the lights and a bell ornament. He played with his creepy singing Santa and a stuffed animal with a bell, and my polar express santa. I love how our tree turned out this year!! Love sitting in the living room, with just the tree light up. Hence why I think I'm getting a lot of logging done lately. And because I don't want to miss any moments, as this is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: