Sunday, November 24, 2013

Time

It amazes me how we measure time in years??? Everyone says my dad died too young, at 27. I'd agree! Today marks the 27th anniversary that he's been gone! So he was on earth for 27 years and he's been in heaven for 27 years! I miss him all the time. Today has come and gone, like it does every year. But it makes you wonder about time, about years, about how life and death measure up. I took my son to see his papa gene today, a snow covered stone. My son looks so much like my dad. I know life goes on. I can't change the past, even though I know we would all wish we could sometimes. ( go back and change one thing) but I know that all things happen for a reason and that our time here, is in Gods hands. He has a purpose for all of us. If you change one thing, something different would happen. 27 years is a long time! I could ramble on and on about all the good things that has happened since my dad went to heaven, and I could be sad about all the things I didn't get to experience with my dad. I was only 5 when he died. I'm now 32. I remember basically by pictures, and stories from my mom, grandparents, and aunts & uncles. So today is about remembering all the good times! 
I miss you daddy gene! And I love you❤️

No comments: